Thursday, April 9, 2009

Get the tissues ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF7Bv9Rjl0E


Click on the link above to watch one of the most inspirational things you'll probably ever see. Ricky has cerebal palsey and a passion for sports. He wanted to run marathons so his father agreed to run with him. And when Ricky asked to run the Iron Man triathalon his father didn't hesistate to say yes. Even though it is the most grueling triathalon you can compete in, his love for his son was so great and he wanted to make his son's dream come true. Many people asked him, "Why don't you compete without Ricky? You could win without him!" But he responded "Without Ricky, there is no reason to compete".


I had seen this video at church before, but it was even more powerful when we watched it in lectures today. I started crying the second it started and didn't stop until after it was over. At first I was crying because I have a dad who is just as amazing. I know he would do anything for me, and I admire and respect him so much for that. I love you dad! And I was crying because this video is such a beautiful representation of God's love for us. Of course he doesn't need us to run the triathalon, but he wants us to be involved. Like Ricky's dream of running an iron man, we all have dreams that God wants us to experience. He wants our dreams to come true and promises to be with us every step of the way. Because, like Ricky, we can't accomplish our goals on our own. While I was watching the video I could hear God telling me that that is how much he loves me. All I have to do is tell him my dream, get in the raft, get on the bike, and he'll pull me the whole way. It will be difficult, it will be long, and it will get dark, but he'll never even think about leaving me. God was telling me, just get in the raft! I'm ready! You're ready! Get in the raft and let's do it! So I'm getting in the raft. I have a dream of working with orphans, inner city kids, poor kids, kids who don't get the opportunities that I got. Kids in India, Uganda, and the ghettos here in America. Kids who are born into a battle zone and their main goal is mere survival. I want to change that. I know that they have dreams too and that God just wants them to get in the raft. Brenda Lewis, our speaker this week, told us that if every christian family adopted one orphan, every orphan would have a home. I know that adoption is expensive and difficult and inconvenient, and I know that not everyone feels called to adopt a child. But what are you called to do? What is your dream? What could you accomplish if you simply got in the raft? Its a scary world and we're all concerned about protecting our families from the evil people in it. But whose going to reach those people? Whose going to take care of the orphans and the widows? We like to think that someone else will do it, but seriously, would the world be so messed up if someone else was dealing with it? So I want to challenge everyone, including myself, no matter how big or small your dreams may be, get in the raft. Can you imagine how beautiful a world we would live in if every christian was fulfilling their christ given destiny? I get excited just thinking about it. And I know the enemy will try and thwart me. But he will not be triumphant. Because I'm in the raft, and my father is protecting me. My father is a hero, a champion, and will not be defeated by a rat. Yes, I'm in the raft. Are you?

3 comments:

  1. Wow Zianna, You really meant it when you said get out the tissues! Just want you to know that I'm in the raft with you and you and your group will be in our prayers every day. We're so blessed to have you for "the first". Love, G Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Z - I had seen this before and it was just as powerful this time. I rate this a five star "multi-tissue" video!! Just wonderful!!
    All my love, G Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zianna ~ Happy Easter! Today we have everyone coming to our house for Easter linner/dunch etc... :) We are going to miss not having you on these holidays and gatherings. I hope you are able to do something special today; not that what you're already doing is not special but I think you get what I am saying. The kids are excited for sure and I am trying to move it into a different direction besides the Easter Bunny. Anyway, I have to say I LOVED the video, so thank you so much for sharing! Everything you write is true, we all are here for a purpose and I am tickled to know that you have urges,desires and wants to fulfill your purpose here in this world! What you are doing is HUGE, we are so proud of you here! Turkey is going to be an amazing experience and I am grateful you are able to share this with all of us!

    We'll talk soon and Fiona wants to e-mail you a letter with some pics. She just returned from AZ and had so much fun.

    Love you,
    Terene, Kim and Cousins

    ReplyDelete