Monday, April 6, 2009

The countdown is on: 2 weeks!!















Hellooo everyone!!










Sorry its been so long since I've updated this blog. In fact its been so long, I dont really know where to begin. I guess I'll start with this weekend. Saturday we all piled in the van and drove to Scottsdale, Arizona to visit the kids who came to the base for mission adventures. It was really fun to see them all again! We went to their school, Scottsdale Christian Academy, and watched a baseball game and had a pizza party. Then we all went to a mall and hung out with the kids. Then me and 3 other ywamers stayed at Elliots house. It was so amazing to stay at a real house for the night! I didnt want to leave... Sunday we went to Elliots church and then his family took us out to brunch. Elliot and his family are AMAZING and I'm SO grateful for their hospitality! Then we all met back up and we to Seyler"s (one of the SCA teachers) house. We lounged around the pool and most of the canadians got sunburned. I am happy to say that I only slightly burned ; ) Then we went to this cute little western themed tourist town and spent the rest of the afternoon there. It was a really fun trip but today I am soo tired!!










And on another even more exciting note, we leave for Turkey in 2 weeks! I absolutely cannot believe it. Its coming up soo fast! I'm doing my best to learn some Turkish before we get there because most people wont speak english. I just know the basics like hello (merhaba), how are you (nasilsiniz), please (luften) and thank you (teshekur ederim). But I know even the little I know will come in handy! I will do my best to keep updating my blog before I leave because I dont think I'll be updating it while I'm in Turkey. We will be sending a group email update every week though, so if you'd like to be on the mailing list, send me an email at ziannweston@live.com and I'll be sure to get you on the list! I love you all and thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers!





No comments:

Post a Comment